Travel Bag: Makeup
Deciding what goes into my travel bag makeup is so hard. I like variety and want to bring everything with me.
Like my skincare, I just tried to stick to the essentials and the products that I love.
- Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
This is my go-to sunscreen. It stops my skin from getting oily for hooouuuurss. It's the only thing I've found that works so well at keeping the oil away. It's tinted, but I usually apply as a primer, before my foundation. On days when at home or not doing much, I'll use it on it's own for coverage.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
I wanted an untinted primer as well. I bought my travel size along with me. Since it is only SPF 15, I also use this at night time (if there will be no flash photography).
- Revlon Colorstay foundation for Oily/Combination skin in 150 Buff
This is my go to foundation. It's long lasting and a good colour match. I needed something long lasting because makeup touch ups were the last thing I wanted to be doing on holiday.
- MAC Prep + Prime Fix +
I love using this to reduce the powdery finish of my foundation. It's also great for wetting my eyeshadow brush to get a stronger colour.
- NYX Dewy Setting Spray
I like a dewy finish, and this helped my makeup last longer. I'm sure there are better finishing sprays out there, but I like this one. I think it does a good job considering how cheap it is.
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 Fair
I like this concealer. It's light enough for me (which is hard to find), and it does a pretty good job at concealing my under eyes.
- Nude By Nature Mineral Veil Finishing Powder
I love this as a setting powder. It helps control oil, while simultaneously giving me a bit of a natural glow. It doesn't look too powdery (unless you try and bake with this). It's a translucent colour that I can use with any foundation.
- NYX Cream Blush in Natural
This is my go-to blush when I'm in a rush. I apply it with my fingers. It looks super natural. It's the only cream blush I own, but I know I want more from the range.
- Models Prefer Soft Touch Mineral Blush in Autumn Calling
This is one of my favourite blushes. It's the perfect neutral blush colour that suits many eye/lip colours.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer
This is hands down my favourite bronzer. It is a teeeny bit too dark for my natural skin colour, but it's perfect for when I have fake tan on. It blends so easily and is a gorgeous colour (and it smells like chocolate!)
- The Balm Mary Lou Luminizer
This is one of my favourite highlighters of all time. I like an intense highlight, and this does the job perfectly.rite here...
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
You need this. It is the perfect matte eyeshadow palette. I can't recommend this enough. The colours blend so easily, and don't fade at all.
- Zoeva Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette
The colours in this are just beautiful. I couldn't not take this with me. I've got a swatch + review post coming soon, stay tuned!
- Stila Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette in Soul
This was my first mid/high-end eyeshadow palette. It's sooo beautiful. I reach for this multiple times a week too. I know I probably only needed one eyeshadow palette, but I couldn't live for a month without all three of these.
- Maybelline One by One Volum' Express
This is my favourite mascara, ever. It's been discontinued so there's no point in talking about it. I have a few more still in the packaging, that my boyfriend rushed out and bought, when I heard they were being discontinued (and complained to him).
- MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
This is a great eyeshadow base. It helps my eyeshadow to last longer.
- Chi Chi Brow Pomade in Medium Brown
I love this! It's the first drugstore brow pomade that I've found available to us Aussies. It's super creamy, pigmented and long lasting.
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
I love using this underneath eyeshadow colours to brighten them up. This is especially good on my inner corner, before I apply highlighter.
- Australis Clear Lash and Brow Extender
I use this to set my eyebrows in place. I don't like that it has a clear tube, because now mine looks disgusting, haha.
- Essence Gel Eye Pencil Waterproof in 06 Cocoa Bean
Wow. This is my favourite eyeliner for my waterline. I find black too harsh, so I love the brown colour of this. It lasts all day, and doesn't transfer or smudge.
- SAVVY Nourishing Lip Liner in Rose
I love the colour of this lipliner. It's the perfect nude for my lips, and goes well underneath many lipsticks.
- Chi Chi Viva La Diva Lipstick in Lady Bump
I love this bright berry colour. I didn't end up using this because I bought too many other new lip products that I wanted to try out.
- Lanolips Lip Ointment in Rhubarb
I like how moisturising this is. It's a nice shade and a bit glossy. Very easy for hiding dry lips on cold Winter days.
- Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Glace
This is a gorgeous dusty mauve colour that is perfect for a daytime look.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in Nude 45
Super moisturising and the perfect nude for my skin tone. I use this fairly frequently, at home or on holiday.
- Real Techniques Blush Brush
- Nude By Nature powder brush (from a set, I can't remember the exact name)
- Real Techniques Setting Brush
- Zoeva 228 Luxe Crease Brush
- Zoeva 230 Luxe Pencil Brush
- Sigma E32 Exact Blend Brush
- Zoeva 234 Luxe Smoky Shader
- Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush
- Zoeva 231 Luxe Petit Crease Brush
- Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush
- Beauty Blender
- Nude By Nature Dual Headed Precision Eye Definer and Lip Brush (not pictured, also from a set. This was for my eyebrows)
So did I use all of these items in my makeup travel bag?
Most, but not all. I would probably try to take less next time, but that probably won't happen. In general, I would recommend to aim for multitasking products when travelling.
Do you have any products that you can't live without?